Do you want to acquire an existing brand or an established business? Would you like to take over an already existing sales structure, expand your range of products, acquire a foreign production facility or market know-how? Are you simply looking for a way to avoid the costs and the effort involved during a start-up period for a new company? Or do you want to take over a disliked competitor?
In this case, the purchase of a company or part of a company (M&A – mergers and acquisition) is the right approach for you. We are happy to assist you in this! The core of any successful M&A transaction is to understand the reason for the purchase and the goals you want to achieve by the transaction. This is essential to set the right priorities in the transaction and in the negotiations. We focus on the issues that are important to you so that the transaction can be carried out in a manageable timeframe and within the budgeted costs.
Our typical activities in an M&A transaction include:
- performance of a case-oriented legal and tax due diligence and preparation of a comprehensible, meaningful and clearly arranged due diligence report, flagging the key risks;
- cooperation and open exchange on the results of the due diligence and possible solutions to risks discovered with your legal department and/or your other consultants and advisors;
- compile the ideal transaction structure for you;
- take over negotiations acc. to your requirements and with the previously determined objectives firmly in sight;
- prepare all necessary transaction contracts and documentation and ensure that those reflect the objects determined and the results of the negotiation process;
- advise on and assist with issues arising post-transaction.